Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Dreaded 50th Post

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't blogged in a long time. A really long time. I would probably guess that probably noone is even reading this, due to the fact that I haven't blogged in such a long time. Which raises an interesting metaphysical question, in the vein of the tree of falling in the wood.

But today I cruised onto Roland Allen's blog, and found that I had been added as a link. This is a pretty big deal for me. You see, for quite some time my brother has had a link for his blog on Roland's site. Not that Chris didn't deserve it, but as the guy that had got him into the blogging world I was jealous. Now that the link is there, I prepare to let the hits roll in.

Another thing that had me hung up is that this is my 50th blog entry. I wanted it to make it special, epic, something that people would tell their grandkids about. I realize now that every one of my entries is like that, so why worry about the 50th?

This is the third or fourth time that I've killed the blog and brought it back to life. It has become a resilient, mighty thing. As you stand, humble in its shadows, add it to your favorite places and prepare for great things. And then eventually abandonment again. But first, great things...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to your blog, Mr Tom... we eagerly await your words of wisdom. Years from now in the History of Blogs, this will be a pivotal moment.

1:42 AM  
Blogger earlysnowdrop said...

Ah, now a reason to spend more time on line, reading Tom's Blog!

Glad you are back!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Roland Allen said...

It is good to see you back, TK.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Surfs up dude!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter