Monday, June 28, 2004

Some Things

Nothing substantial has happened really in the last week, and, sadly, after two weeks of filing and scanning, I have exhausted all the work they had for me for the entire summer. Yep that's right, after two weeks of filing and scanning , I have done everything they had planned for me for the whole summer. It makes me wonder what the big boss was thinking when he accepted me for this internship. Maybe he figured that I only had one hand, or at least was missing some fingers which would explain why he expected filing a moderate stack of papers to take 8 weeks. But no, I came in for an interview, so he would have probably seen my hands.

At one point in the last two weeks he did mention his ambitious plan which involved me scanning and re-filing every single sheet of paper in the companies vast file archive. That certainly would have taken a long while, but he gave that idea up, because after I scanned about 50 documents, the computer's memory overloaded and crashed and the techy in the office had to reformat the hard drive on the computer I was using. It wasn't even my computer, it was Ann's computer who is a lady that works here and was on vacation for the week, so I felt pretty guilty. But not guilty enough to not change her desktop background to a picture of a faded old newspaper headline-"Knight-The Pirate that Breaks all the Rules" when her computer finally sputtered back to life.

I had to use Ann's computer, because I don't have a computer. Some things they forgot to give me when I came to work here were a computer, a desk, and a chair to sit in. I sit on two cardboard boxes which I placed in a corner of the room.

But there is some silver lining to the cumolo-nimbus cloud that is this internship. The other day Bill Clinton came to town and signed a whole mess of books at the local Border's book store. Well I showed up a little late to the signing so I didn't get to meet him, but I got one of the autographed books. It was slightly suspicious how Bill Clinton "left behind a pile of signed books before he left the store", but if I didn't see the forgery take place, it's real to me!

I went to Time Square the other day, with no particular plan, because I heard that fun things happen there. I wasn't dissapointed, because they were carrying the olympic torch through the streets of New York City that night, and I could spectate. But, imagine my surprise when I ran into a girl that I remembered from high school, Emily Henahan (?) and Ally Powell (?). Talk about a coinky-dink!

Also, I went to the Mets game the other night, and that was something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter