Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Andrew WK and Banquets

Andrew WK came to perform here on Sunday. It was so ill and offensive that I was freaking out. There was a giant mosh pit, where people danced agressively and wildly and people not in the mosh pit were probably thinking, oh how I wish I could dance with such moves. If they tried they quickly discovered that the mosh pit was full of mud and violence, and was not the place that they had imagined it to be. At one point I noticed that Andrew WK and I both have the same shoes, namely Asics Duomax Gels. I sorely wanted to share this fact with him with the hope that he would then become good friends with me, and key me in on his party animal lifestyle as described in such hits as "Party Hard", "It's Time to Party", and "Party 'till I puke". To do this I had to fight my way to the front of the mosh pit, which was exciting in itself and resulted in me getting a confusing footprint on my upper thigh. Then when I got to the front, I noticed that when anyone confronted AWK, he would make them sing along with his songs. I got nervous that he would put the mic in front of my face, and to be honest I don't really know the lyrics of his song too well. I decided that I would have to show him our identical shoes later in life. Also, my shoes were so covered in mud that he probably couldn't even recognize them even if I did know the lyrics.

I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks lately. Such as Artemis Fowl, which is a children's book so packed full of cliches that it amazes me that the binding doesn't burst at the seams. Then, I remembered it's an audiobook, and you can't well expect mpec encoded bits and bytes to burst out of the ipod shuffle. Also, it's very simple and easy to listen to on tape, unlike Sense and Sensibility, which is what I'm on now. Jane Austen amuses me.

Today for lunch I had 10 minutes before Chinese, so I had to eat in about two minutes. I got a messy beef pita sandwich, egg salad, and peas. What followed was a spectacle that attracted the attention of the majority of the people in the dining hall. I felt sick for the entire class.

Dinner was quite different, as the Daily Princetonian was holding a banquet celebrating my accopmilshments as a COLUMNIST (as well as all the other stuff to do with the paper). Dinner was brought out at the breakneck pace of 30 minutes per course, so that although the banquet began at 6, I nearly missed my radio show at 9 o' clock. Congratulations to Laura Sillers and Leslie Lee for winning awards for their work at the Princeton. Obviously there was some clerical error that explains why I didn't get a prize, but I'm sure it will all be sorted out in due time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAL is the awesome.
AWK is not.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter