Friday, January 20, 2006

Bigging Up H.O.V.A

My favorite website, by far, is Metacritic. Basically, they compile reviews for music, TV shows, etc... so you don't have to waste time on, for example, the new Coldplay album. Typically they do a good job at transforming various reviews into a number and then crunching out a final grade. But occasionally they stumble.

I noticed one of their mistakes when they assigned a score of 90/100 to a review proclaiming "The Blueprint" by Jay-Z as "a masterpiece". The decision shouldn't have been that hard: the reviewer gave the album a 10/10 at the end of his review.

Not wanting Jay-Z to be cheated out of a well-earned metascore, I wrote a brief e-mail to the music director, and his score was quickly changed! I hope Jay-Z noticed and that he raps about this on a song sometime soon:

"Turn me down, turn the music up...
uh uh uh
Metacritic tried to keep my score low, so
My Man TK had them change the 9-0
to a 1-0-Oh!
He's so smart, but sometimes wastes his time on stupid things though.
I feel bad for him, so
I'm gonna give him a rap contract, and he will become famous in no time at all!"

Also, I recently helped out The Futureheads in a similar manner. Maybe they can write some sort of a-capella thankyou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter