Monday, June 20, 2005

Communism Rules!

Oh the things I have seen!

Tonight I was planning to go to McDonalds, because I did not feel like walking to a far away Chinese restaurant. Then a friend showed me a bunch of Chinese restaurants that were very close to the campus, leading to my profound thought: "dinner is what happens when you're planning to go to McDonald's". The best part of this whole thing was that the restaurant we went to was serving "spicy rape". McDonalds only has sweet and sour rape.

Then on the way back we saw a kid with a pet duck walking around.

I also forgot to write that on Saturday I went to Tianamen square with John Snyder and we saw some sites and so on. When you go to Tianamen square it is just flooded with tourists and so there are a bunch of Chinese people looking to make a quick buck. One guy tried to sell me a book of Mao's quotations for 10 dollars american. I wanted to practice my Chinese, so I told him it was too big. It was a proud moment for me.

There is a guy that plays Sim City 1 every day, on the dorm computers, which cost 50 cents an hour to use (maybe this pricing scheme is how the rapper got his namesake). I figure he's sitting there 8 hours a day, which comes to 4 dollars a day, but overall I think it's not a bad way to live your life.

I'm sure this thought has occured to every foreign language student, but I really wish that I could just get plugged in like Neo and instantly know Chinese. It would be awesome, they would put the chord in the back of my neck, punch a couple of keys, and then I would sit up and say, "Je connais le Chinois", because it is a big program and it also teaches you French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter